KCIC and its members are committed to providing attractive industrial areas that will promote business expansion and increased employment. The key to achieving this goal is through proper maintenance and improvement of industrial infrastructure.
- Recent Accomplishments
- Championed Infrastructure Improvements
- Colorado Bridge
- Forrester Viaduct
- 12th Street Bridge
- Turkey Creek Levee Improvements
- Swope Park Industrial Fly-over Bridge
- Blue River Levee Improvements
- Streetscape Improvements
- Recognized and Encouraged Sustainable Business Practices
- Developed KCIC Sustainability Awards Program
- Awarded 22 Sustainability Awards to Industrial-based Businesses
- Partnered with KCMO to Develop Sustainable Development in Industrial Areas
- Advocated for Funding on Behalf of KC Infrastructure Projects
- Travel to Washington D.C. twice annually to lobby for funds for KC infrastructure and waterways projects.
- Maintain close working relationship with KCMO government leaders.
- KCIC member was appointed to the KCMO Overflow Reduction Funding Committee.
- KCIC member was appointed to the KCMO Wet Weather Committee.